Saturday, May 24, 2008

Appearances - So Far

As our year has progressed on, I have made numerous appearances. Since Arielle was in school in NYC and Isha and Julia are young, most appearances were made by Becky & I representing Watertown. It gave us a chance to not only get to know each other, but to become amazing friends - the best. Some of the appearances that we have made with our business manager, Kim, and Executive Director, Avril include multiple pageants throughout CT, and most recently golf tournament for the Lion's Club, and many others. Some of our upcoming events are a MADD Walk, Riverfest, and Reading to local children in Watertown.


On my own,  I have made two trips since January, to Boston, Mass. to Boston Children's Hospital & the Jimmy Fund Clinic where I often read to children as part of work on my platform which is Pediatric Brain Tumor Awareness. On my trips, I have read to young girls and boys who are currently suffering from or surviving from a brain tumor. It is heart-wrenching, yet gratifying all at once.


I was also able to sing the National Anthem and model in the Watertown Woman's Auxiliary Fashion Show at the Grand Oak Villa for the third consecutive year. I thoroughly enjoyed every second that I was there, because the kindness and generosity shown by each woman that is in charge in unremarkable, and just can't help but cause a smile to emerge. I am looking forward to hopefully being part of it again next year.

No comments: